Relationships with Society
- Quality Management
- Human Resource, Diversity, Workplace
- Health and productivity management
- Occupational Health and Safety, Disaster Prevention
- Contribution to Local Communities
- Communication to Shareholders & Investors
Occupational Health and Safety, Disaster Prevention
The Dexerials Group implements employee training, along with reinforcement and improvement work to facilities, in an effort to prevent or minimize damage from disasters and accidents which potentially could have a serious impact on business.
Safety Philosophy, Basic Policies
Under the corporate vision of “Value Matters —Unprecedented innovation, unprecedented value”, the Dexerials Group understands that safety is essential to creating new value and improving quality and is committed to continuously providing safe and healthy business sites and manufacturing workplaces.
The Dexerials Group, promote occupational health and safety management systems,improves the climate of safety in work sites in all areas of business operations and makes various efforts to prevent serious accidents, aiming to reduce accidents and risks and ensure stable business continuity.
- 1．We understand and comply with domestic and overseas laws, ordinances and regulations related to health and safety.
- 2．We carry out risk assessment appropriately and work on the following as important actions.
- (1)Operational/Facility safety: We clarify any risk in the workplace or at the facility and ensure the reduction of risk with absolute certainty.
- (2)Work environment safety: We consistently adhere to measures regarding the risk of hazardous materials and flow management in order to maintain and improve the work environment.
- (3)Health management: We will implement preventive and remedial measures, such as stress checks and countermeasures, to reduce the number of employees suffering from mental and physical illnesses caused by remote work and overwork.
- (4)Traffic safety: We work on traffic safety education and raising awareness to reduce the number of traffic accidents.
- (5)Disaster prevention measures: We established BCM*2 which connects initial responses and the BCP*1 to protect human life, operations and our stakeholders.
- 3．We improve the awareness and knowledge of safety and disaster prevention through practical operations, education and training to develop human resources.
- 4．In regards to safety and disaster prevention, we cooperate with the government and local society positively while driving participation and communication forward.
- 5．By auditing and reviewing the effectiveness of our occupational health and safety management system, we make every effort to stimulate our health and safety activities.
- *1 BCP： Business Continuity Plan
- *2 BCM： Business Continuity Management
Education and training
We provide safety education to each employee through a permanent safety workshop where employees can learn about occupational safety in a comprehensive manner.
At the safety workshop, employees can pseudoexperience workplace accidents that occurred in the past with the simulation equipment.
In fiscal 2021, we introduced a virtual reality (VR) system that allows users to virtually experience hazards in serious workplace accidents.
Furthermore, since many of our employees commute to work by private car, we are striving to reduce traffic accidents by designating traffic accident prevention as one of our key activities.
We analyzed past traffic accidents and found that drivers’ complacency, overconfidence, and distraction were the most common causes of accidents.
We have therefore introduced a VR system that allows drivers to virtually experience traffic accidents caused by these factors.
Both of the VR systems allow observing the users’ point of view and their behavior on the monitor in addition to providing their virtual experience. We use them to provide education on accident cause verification and accident prevention and prediction during or after the VR experience.
We will continue enhancing educational content on occupational health and safety and disaster prevention to improve the quality of education and the environment.
Safety workshop hands-on training
Dust explosion simulator
VR training for hazardous situations
VR training for traffic safety
Prevention and Continuous Improvement
Risk assessment utilization
We have built a system to digitize and centrally manage the risk assessment data to make better use of it for safety activities. This system facilitates crossdepartmental sharing of information on disaster and safety activity, so we expect recurrence prevention effects, such as noticing the possibility of similar risks.
In addition, we identified potential risks in a more sophisticated manner by re-evaluating the risk assessment process by safety patrol members, including safety and health experts. Furthermore, we quickly responded to risks by discussing how to resolve issues on the spot using the risk assessment results.
We continue working to prevent serious accidents, identify workplace safety risks, and promote activities to reduce them, whereby further fostering a safe workplace culture.
Equipment safety inspection
We have developed a structure for equipment safety inspection using our equipment installation system to ensure workers’ safety and compliance effectively and efficiently.
With this equipment safety inspection system in place, we are trying to prevent workplace accidents and incidents that may occur with the equipment planned to be introduced for production and development. Before using the equipment, the head of the department introducing the equipment and legally appointed personnel in charge of safety and health develop management standards for three types of industrial health (worksite environment control, work practice management, and health care) based on the equipment safety inspection, evaluate incidents that may occur from the operation of the equipment, and implement countermeasures.
We promote DX under the systems we have built to date to consistently operate our equipment safely across the entire company by centrally managing data of inspection results, equipment information, risk reduction, and applicable laws and regulations.
Occurrence of occupational accidents
In fiscal 2021, there were three occupational accidents, including one that resulted in lost work time of three days or less.We analyzed the causes of each accident, including minor ones, assessed the risks in order to implement and share specific recurrence prevention measures, and implemented risk reduction activities.
Furthermore, we have built a system to digitize and centrally manage the information. By sharing information about accidents through this system, we are working to improve the safety awareness of each and every employee.
Occurrence of occupational accidents
Occupational Injuries Incidence Ratio by Cause
(Total for FY 2018-2022)