- Dexerials Corporation Subject matters of public disclosure under the Personal Information Protection Act in Japan
Dexerials Corporation Subject matters of public disclosure under the Personal Information Protection Act in Japan
1. Purposes of use of personal information --- (Re: Article 18.1 of the Act)
Dexerials will use collected personal information pertaining to the following items (a) and (b) for the purposes as set out in the following items (1) through (4):
- (a)Home appliances and other electronics products, and electronic parts (including electronics parts for business applications)
- (b)Online information services through the Internet
- (1)Sales of products and provision of services (including the granting of technology licenses)
- (2)Advertisement, promotion and marketing activities (including the provision of information about products, services, exhibitions and other events via email, direct mail, etc.)
- (3)Provision of after-sales services and other customer support (including functions relating to membership registration and verification, emergency support, etc.)
- (4)Creation of statistical data for future R&D and marketing activities
In addition, Dexerials will use collected personal information to give notice or send documents to Dexerials’business partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders. (As for the purpose of use of personal information collected from job applicants to Dexerials and Dexerials’ employees, Dexerials will separately notify such parties in writing or otherwise disclose to them about how their personal information will be used.) Please note that separate terms and conditions will apply to the use of particular personal information if Dexerials has provided express notice to or obtained express consent from the disclosing individual thereof when collecting such private information.
Click here for more information about our use of personal information
collected through our product service activities.
2. Opt-Out System for disclosing personal information to third parties --- (Re: Article 23.2 of the Act)
Article 23.2 of the Act provides that with respect to personal data intended to be provided to a third party, where a business operator handling personal information agrees to discontinue, at the request of a person, the provision of such personal data as will lead to the identification of the person, and where the business operator, in advance, notifies the person of certain matters or puts those matters in a readily accessible condition for the person, the business operator may provide such personal data to a third party (this is generally called the "Opt-Out System.") However, notwithstanding this provision, Dexerials hereby agrees not to disclose personal information of any person to any third party without giving notification to the person concerned.
3. Disclosure of shared personal information --- (Re: Article 23.4.(iii) of the Act)
Article 23.4.(iii) of the Act provides that if personal information of an individual is jointly used by a business operator and certain parties, such certain parties are not regarded as third parties under the Act, and that in this case, the business operator may disclose such personal information to such certain parties without obtaining consent from the individual, provided that the individual has easy access to the fact of such information sharing and other related matters. However, notwithstanding this provision, Dexerials hereby agrees not to disclose personal information of any person to any third party other than such certain parties as indicated at the time of collection without obtaining his/her consent.